- Douglas Crockford lectures.
I have an existing codebase without version control. I want to version control it and push it in the remote repository of github. How should I do that?
1. Create a repository and use the URL
2. Setup the local repo if not already done
git init git add . git commit -m â€˜Commit commentâ€™
3. Attach the remote repository as the origin (like cloning)
git remote add origin https://github.com/username/projectname
4. Pull the remote branch to sync with the local
git pull origin master
5. Push your master branch
git push origin master